.......Even in the coldest weather, our highest utility bill was only $212. ...checked to see how our power bills compared to other homes in similar conditions. They told me that for homes of comparable size, the bills were between $400 and $500. - The Cackowski's
A recently completed home which utilized our ShopBuilt Panelized Walls has received NC Energy Star 3 Certification. Read what Matthew Vande of Vandemusser Designs, which provides technical consulting and certification services for green residential construction had to say.
ShopBuilt™ Panelized Wall Systems
High Performance Housing
- Environmentally Friendly, Minimal Raw Material Waste
- Structurally Superior
- Maximum Energy Efficiency
- Faster Construction
Lessened Environmental Impact
- Energy Efficient - Utilizing Huber ZIP System R-Sheathing our prefabricated wall panels are extremely energy eﬃcient saving signiﬁcant energy in both hot and cold climates.
Learn more about ZIP System:
- Manufacturing is driven by a focus on “lean production” techniques that save materials, time and lessens construction waste.
- Utilizing Our 3D software programs to optimize raw materials needed for each project, in shop and on-site construction waste is reduced by 80% over conventional "site-built" construction greatly reducing the amount of waste being dumped into landfills.
- Fuel consumption is also lessened as the number and frequency of delivery trucks is dramatically reduced.
- ShopBuilt wall panels are designed and built to meet or exceed your local building codes.
- ShopBuilt wall panels are framed with Weyerhaeuser I-Level Southern yellow pine kiln dried framing and sheathed with 1”-1/2”, R-6.6 Huber ZIP System R-Sheathing. ZIP System wall sheathing combines the strength and stability of a structural sheathing system with the enhanced durability provided by the product's water-resistive barrier
- ShopBuilt wall panels use Benjamin-Obkyke Slicker HP Rain screen behind the siding to further add to the long-term performance and value of the home.
Reduced Construction Time
- Using ShopBuilt panelized walls allows for the building's exterior skin to be under construction, in some cases ready to install, while the foundation of the building is stll being poured.
- ShopBuilt wall panels come with most windows and doors pre-installed often with siding and trim in place. As a result, the building envelope is in place quickly, efficiently, and not subject to weeks of weather exposure. This has a positive impact that benefits multiple trades.
- Walls can typically be set in days – not weeks.
- Wiring chases are pre-drilled for rapid installation of on-site wiring.
Be Sure To Read
Let Us Explain The Materials, Methods, Manufacturing Process And The Benefits Of Using Our Panelized Wall Systems.
P O Box 1858
689 George Wilson Road
Boone, NC 28607